PFS Group Limited is an established Fire & Life Safety Company based in Southend, Essex. We have experienced rapid growth over the past few years and are looking for an ambitious person to join our company. We are looking to employ a Small Works Supervisor to join our existing team, and we potentially see this role as an opportunity for a current Fire Alarm Engineer looking to make a move into the office environment and forge a career on the other side of the fence.
As the Small Works Supervisor, you will be the leader of a team of three, including yourself. There is support available from senior members of staff across other departments which interlink with the Small Works department. You will share your workload with your two colleagues, but ultimately you will be responsible for distributing tasks as well as ensuring tasks assigned are completed to which reporting to your Manager on a weekly basis is required.
Your role will be to ensure the smooth running of our Small Works department which currently has 9 engineers. You will be responsible for organising your own and your fellow team members workload to ensure the department is accountable and running as efficiently as possible.
Full training will be provided to learn our internal systems; however, we are looking for the candidate to have at least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role in the Fire & Life Safety industry. It is not entirely necessary that your current/previous roles involve supervising staff as long as you can demonstrate a desire and the capabilities to carry out the role at your interview(s) with PFS Group.
We believe in ensuring we push individuals within the business and are looking for ambitious candidates who want to progress in the business in the years to come. We will work with you to develop your skills and provide honest and transparent feedback on where improvements can be made. We ensure communication between company management and staff is consistent and all members of our management team are approachable.
We conduct yearly appraisals which includes a wage review. We will initially also complete multiple catch-ups over your first few months ahead of your 6-month probation expiry to ensure you are fully aware of how you are performing.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
– Ensuring the smooth running of the small works department
– Technical and logistical support to team members
– Assisting customers and managing their expectations
– Dealing with emails
– Updating spreadsheets and internal systems
– Scheduling work to engineers
– Liaising with other departments to ensure fluidity throughout the business
– Reporting to management on a weekly basis
– Experience in the Fire & Life Safety Systems industry (minimum of at least 3 years)
– Technical Knowledge of how Fire & Life Safety Systems operate
– Knowledge and understanding of all relevant British Standards
– The ability to supervise two staff and make department decisions
– The ability to take ownership and responsibility of tasks and to ensure they are completed within deadlines set by management
– The ability to deliver customer service to the highest level
– The ability to have the confidence to handle conversations with difficult customers
– The ability to prioritise your work load for yourself and others
– A willingness to progress and grow with the business
Reference ID: PFSDN-01
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 (depending on experience)APPLY