PFS Group Limited are looking for trainee fire alarm engineers to join our team. We are not expecting applicants to have had experience in the fire industry, however some prior engineering experience would be beneficial. We’ve trained many engineers over our 20 years in business taken on-board staff from many different backgrounds.
Becoming a fire alarm engineer is a great career path to take however you must be open to learning how to operate the many different types of systems that exist in the UK. We also train our fire alarm engineers to be able to operate & test other life safety systems such as disabled refuge, emergency lights & aspirators.
There is a world of regulations that stipulate how a fire alarm system must be installed & maintained and we will train successful applicants on how to service these systems. The majority of your training would be in-house by being paired with our experienced engineers, this would be supplemented by external training courses where necessary.
The main training programme lasts around 3 months, depending on progress, with further reviews & training provided as and when required. A salary review would be conducted after the probation period has been successfully passed, at which point the salary will be increased to £22,500 per annum subject to conditions being met – further good performance will see salary increase to £25,000 after 18 months if progress is maintained.
We’re looking for determined, hard-working candidates who have a strong desire to learn a new trade and are passionate about their work.
Key Responsibilities after end of training period:
- Servicing of fire alarm systems and other fire protection equipment
- Replacing elements of Fire Alarm systems including batteries and detectors
- Servicing of emergency lights
- Making observations regarding deficiencies with the installed system to a basic level
- Maintain good customer communications
- Health & Safety & vehicle care and maintenance
- Participation in the 24 hour on call rota – covering 1 day per week
- Possess a full UK driving license
- Ambitious & Positive Attitude
- Hard working
- Willing to learn a new trade
- Determined & confident character
- Be able to carry, lift and climb ladders
- Able to carry equipment up and down ladders, i.e. detectors, cable and power tools
Hours: 40 hours/ week with additional overtime available
The majority of your work would be located around London and the surrounding areas and you must be prepared to drive into London regularly for an 8am start.
A company van will be provided on completion of the training for business use only.
Our main office is based in Southend-on-Sea and you will need to be prepared to interview at this location.
Reference ID: PFSRM-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 /yearAPPLY